Custom Tools from Technodiamant
If one of our “standard” off the shelf tool designs will not do what you need then allow a Technodiamant Engineer to design a custom tool for you…free of charge.
That’s right Technodiamant offers free design service to ensure you get the proper tool to fit your machine and application before you make the purchase.
These tool designs can be incorporated on to:
• A special insert base, perhaps an insert that is currently used on your machine
− This design service also includes the shank that may be needed to hold that insert.
• A solid shank design with perhaps an offset to do an edging or back chamfer operation
• Or perhaps something on a round shank it better for you.
Maybe you need a tool to do a
• boring operation
• or special milling tool
• or trepan
• or facing
• or counter-bore
• or what ever…
The choice is yours.
For the tool design you should ask your self; what is the best shank material for the application.
You can choose from…
• Steel − Easily used for insert tooling requiring a tapped hole
• Tungsten Carbide − Offers stiffness for long reach applications
• Molybdenum − For vibration damping
• Titanium − Light material for Fast Tool Servos
And most important don’t forget the diamond type.
• CVD Pure Diamond (Poly-crystal)
• E-diamond synthetic (Dodec 110 Orientation)
• MCC synthetic (Dodec 110 Orientation)
• Mono-Die synthetic (Dodec 110 Orientation)
• Natural (Dodec 110 Orientation)
• Sumitomo synthetic (Cubic 100 Orientation)
These all are available from Technodiamant Precision Tooling and each with their own unique advantages.
Contact a Technodiamant tooling expert to get you started on the right foot.